Greyhawk Reborn’s distinct experience of the author as the DM provides unique flexibility to adventures. Authors create adventures and run them at events. Authors work with the GHR Leads to create adventures that effect Greyhawk Reborn’s story. At this time, the most developed regions are the Hold of the Sea Princes and Keoland. We are currently accepting petitions for areas within these developed regions. Authors interested in different regions should see Specific Area Organizations.
Authoring DMs have…
- a hand in writing the adventure so they have the ability to mold the storyline at the table via player interactions with the story.
- flexibility and knowledge of the importance of combats, interactions and characters to ensure that players receive the maximum experience with each path that PCs choose within the story.
- the opportunity to adjust the adventure to cater on the spectrum of role-playing to roll-playing to suit the personalities of players at the table.
- the privilege to take player responses to mold and shape future mods making the campaign primarily influenced by the players and the authors.
- encouragement and support from the GHR staff to author and DM their mods as often as they like to expand the Greyhawk player base.
- Run their adventures at gaming gatherings such as game days or conventions.
- Maintain an open line of communication with GHR staff.
- Be proficient with a word processor program.
- Deliver adventure submissions, edits, final adventures and ARs by specific deadlines.
- Utilize feedback offered by GHR staff to further develop adventure submissions
- Work with the GHR staff to expand plots and stories.
- Have willingness to learn or have knowledge of the Greyhawk setting.
- Have reliable internet access.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Have strong game mechanics skills and knowledge.
- Have strong time management skills.
- Support GHR in a positive light in all public forums.