Specific Area Organizations are a vital part of Greyhawk’s return to fame – a group of people (4-8) in a real-world geographical area that develop a specific location in Greyhawk. The group is responsible for creating storylines, writing adventures, running adventures, developing regional groups, and organizing events where Greyhawk Reborn is run for players. The group works with the GHR Leads to preserve campaign continuity. The specific location to be developed in Greyhawk can range from one specific town and surrounding area to a large area such as a province or even a small country. The GHR Leads approve an area based on the in-game location, the geographical location, the number of people offering to organize and the available player base. One person of the group, the Organizer (SAOO), should contact the GHR Leads to petition for a particular location of interest.
The Specific Area Organization Organizer (SAOO) has the primary responsibility to oversee authors’ adventures within the petitioned area. In addition, the SAOO will also act as the point of contact with the GHR staff as the area grows. The SAOO has multiple responsibilities including coordinating, scheduling, organizing and growing gamedays and local conventions.
- Maintain an open line of communication with the player base
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to respond to convention and game day staff inquiries and requests in a timely manner.
- Responsible for growing conventions and game days and encouraging new events and locations
- Provide feedback to writers in a structured and timely manner
- Maintain a stable of writers and assign work as necessary
- Review and edit adventure and narrative content
- Organize and manage any necessary adventure playtests prior to release
- Work with the GHR staff to coordinate adventures and interactives for game days and conventions
- Attend gaming gatherings such as game days or conventions and be visible to the GHR player base
- Communicate with DMs to determine necessary room arrangements at conventions
- Create and maintain a schedule of conventions and game days providing them to necessary parties.
- Create and maintain Warhorn for the convention and game day announcements, registration and sign-ups
- Make necessary arrangements with hotels and/or convention staff for play areas and for sleeping rooms
- Work with convention staff and game day organizers to ensure successful events
- Create, collect, and compile critical events from premieres and interactives
- Create and maintain an accessible regional plotline
- Create and oversee plot narratives and story arcs that are engaging and inclusive
- Deliver adventures and ARs on schedule within the context of campaign guidelines
- Produce narratives and other features to supplement and expand upon plot narratives and story arcs
- Run their adventures at gaming gatherings such as game days or conventions.
- Maintain an open line of communication with GHR staff
- Be proficient with a word processor program.
- Must be able to work to timelines and deliver content on deadlines
- Utilize feedback offered by GHR staff to further develop adventure submissions
- Work with the GHR staff to expand plots and stories.
- Have willingness to learn or knowledge of the Greyhawk setting.
- Have reliable internet access.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Have strong game mechanics skills and knowledge.
- Have strong time management skills.
- Support GHR in a positive light in all public forums.
If you are interested, fill in the form below: